Bexley High School Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2019.
Ten former Bexley Athletes were inducted in to the Hall of Fame on Saturday, November 2nd.
- Gretchen Moriarty representing her late husband Jim Moriarty who was the captain and MVP of the Lions football and baseball teams in 1967 and 1968.
- Rozanne and Jerry Stern who were representing their late son Andrew Stern who was a two time State Doubles Champion and Captain of both the Tennis Team and Basketball team in 1992.
- Captain and scoring leader of the 1969 Boys Basketball team, Steve Callif.
- Track and basketball coach and Bexley’s long-time Band Director, Jeff Schneider.
- Bexley’s only state wrestling champion, Bernie Miller.
- All-American, All-State and All-League rock star field hockey player, Erika Willhite.
- Basketball and soccer double threat, who led the 2004 girls’ soccer team to the state semi-finals, Lindsey Macklin Poor.
- Two-year captain of the girls’ basketball team, named to the First Team All-Ohio and twice named Mid-State League Player of the Year, Bree Hinkle.
- An All-Ohio 800 meter runner, captain of the 2007 boys’ soccer and basketball teams who earned 10 varsity letters soccer, basketball, baseball and track, Tyler Stanley.
- An all-round athlete who still holds school records, former Bexley football, basketball and track stand out who was just drafted by the XFL’s Seattle Dragons, Jalen Robinette Rowell.
Congrats to all of the new inductee! GO LIONS!